1. Protection of data of a personal nature
IFBI collects your personal data for normal business purposes. Processing the personal data in the forms is necessary to contact you if you filled out the form. By using the forms on the IFBI website, social media, or subscribing to the newsletter, you agree that IFBI can process your personal data.The following data can be processed:
- Email address
- Your message
- Anonymous visitor data (analytical data such as amount of visitors, most popular pages, …)
The data collected by the email subscribe forms are used to promote content through email marketing. All emails are provided with an opt-out button, through which you can unsubscribe from further emails. IFBI does not employ any email marketing profiling, and does not use automated data processing. IFBI will never sell your personal data to third parties.
IFBI makes every reasonable effort to ensure an appropriate level of security. We enact regular maintenance and technical vigilance to protect personal data. Our network is protected and routinely monitored. Personal data is only accessible to a limited number of personnel including appropriately trained staff and contractors.
In any case, if you have any doubts or queries about the treatment of personal data by IFBI, you may contact our Data Protection Delegate by writing to the postal address indicated in the following section, for the attention of the “Data Protection Delegate”, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer of data to third parties
We use a third party to send out mailings. This third party is verified to be GDPR compliant. We use a third party to gather anonymous visitor data on the IFBI website. IFBI will not sell your data to third parties.
What are your rights?
You have the:
- right of access to your data
- right of rectification of your data
- right to erasure
- right to data portability
- right to object
- right to file a complaint with the Belgian Privacy Commission: Commissie voor de Bescherming van de Persoonlijke Levenssfeer, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35, email: email@example.com Your request should be in writing to the mailing address of IFBI and will be treated within 10 working days.
Queries, suggestions, complaints or claims
For any suggestion, query, complaint or claim, users may contact IFBI via any present or future communication channels as determined at any time, such as:
- Telephone: + 32 (0)495 15 04 66
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: IFBI, University Foundation, Egmontstraat 11, 1000 Brussel
IFBI declares that in order to improve and facilitate browsing, the website www.ifbi.brussels uses devices for implanting cookies and IP storage. This cookie is a file that is deposited in the user’s system, and which is used to make it easier to browse the website (a cookie cannot contain a virus or be run, because it is not an active file). Cookies are used to help us improve your experience when using our websites – for example, storing your preferred language setting for the next time you visit. This cookie can only be read by IFBI and by the user, and can be deleted by accessing the browser options.
The information we collect from cookies enables us to:
- Tailor our website to your personal needs
- Remember the notifications that you have been shown, so that you are not shown them again
- Make improvements and updates to our websites based on the way you want to use them
What kind of cookies do we use?
Category 1: necessary cookies
Necessary cookies enable you to use our websites and all their features, such as enabling access to secure areas of the website. Without these cookies you may not be able to use all the features of our websites.Category 2: performance cookies
Performance cookies collect information about how you use our websites so we can improve them for you in future. For example, they collect information on which pages you visit most often and any error messages you may get. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous. They do not collect any information that can identify you personally.
- Google Analytics (universal): we are using Google Universal Analytics to monitor our website performances and check visitor activities to adapt our content based on their expectationsCategory 3: functionality cookies
Functionality cookies enable us to provide you with a more personalized experience. They help us to remember data, such as your username and language preference, to save you having to enter them again the next time you visit. The information these cookies collect is anonymous. They cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.Category 4: targeting/advertising cookies
We and our service providers may use advertising cookies to deliver ads that we believe are relevant to you and your interests.
For example, we may use targeting or advertising cookies to customize the advertising and content you receive on our websites, to limit the number of times you see the same ad on our websites and to help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
- Facebook Pixel: we use Facebook pixel tracking to measure social media campaign efficiency related to the Facebook platform
- Google Adwords (conversion): we use Google Adwords cookies to customize the advertising and content you see for our website, limit the number of ads you see for our website, and measure the effectiveness of our campaign
- Google Adwords (remarketing): we use Google Adwords remarketing cookies to collect data about your activities when you visit our websites, the website of entities who serve our ads (advertisers), or the website and online services where we display ads
Google Adwords cookies may be used to customize the advertising and content you see in our websites. These cookies will be used to provide relevant Ads about our services and are intended to improve the customer experience across the IFBI website. No Personally Identifiable information is stored in any of the platforms mentioned above.
Category 5: social media cookies
-LinkedIn: we use LinkedIn tracking to measure social media campaign efficiency related to the LinkedIn platform
-Twitter: we use Twitter tracking to measure social media campaign efficiency related to the Twitter platform
-Instagram: we use Instagram tracking to measure social media campaign efficiency related to the Instagram platform